The following terms and conditions are applicable upon registration and placement
of your request on the Art Invest India website (
1. The art works showcased on our website may not always be physically in the possession
of Art Invest India and may be physically stocked elsewhere, in India or overseas.
2. The price listed against an art work on our website will be the price at which
Art Invest India will sell the respective art work to you (the buyer). No discount(s)
will be accorded on the listed price.
3. The price listed against an art work on our website does not include taxes, duties,
shipping and handling expenses. Art Invest India will charge these to the Buyer
additionally as applicable, calculating them based on where the respective art work
is physically located and the shipping address which the Buyer indicates. By placing
an order, the Buyer accepts liability for all taxes and duties applicable on the
purchase as well as packing and handling charges in addition to the listed price
of the art work.
4. The information that the Buyer furnishes at the time of registration or amended
when the purchase of an art work is finalised, will be considered by Art Invest
India to be the final billing address and shipping address for delivery of the respective
5. When an order is placed for an art work on our website, Art Invest India will
deem it to be an irrevocable acceptance of purchase, unless this said order is cancelled
or revoked by us within two working days in the event of the seller defaulting or
on account of prior/continuing breach by the Buyer. Acceptance of the order will
result in an enforceable contract of sale for the respective artwork between Art
Invest India (acting as the agent of the seller) and you (the buyer).
6. Art Invest India will raise an invoice on the Buyer based on the registration
information furnished or amended when purchase of an art work is finalised. Only
payment made by the Buyer against the invoice will be accepted. Payment made by
anyone else could be returned or we could deliberate whether a variation from the
registration details is acceptable (until which point processing of your order could
7. Payment must be made within seven working days of placing an order on our website.
This payment should include the price of the art work as well as taxes, duties,
shipping and handling expenses applicable on the purchase. Art Invest India has
the right to cancel the order without notice, should payment not be received within
seven days, or, at our discretion, hold the art work for the Buyer, charging any
storage and insurance costs that may ensue. We could also proceed legally to secure
execution of the contract of sale (acting as the agent of the seller).
8. When all the documentation (pertaining to tax, transportation, etc.) requested
by Art Invest India is completed and received and when complete payment (including
all additional charges, etc.) is realised, we will deliver/ship the art work to
you. Unless you specifically advise us on the inclusion of transit insurance costs,
these costs will be included in the additional charges.
9. Should the Buyer wish to collect an art work in person, this must be done within
two weeks from the date on which the payment is received by Art Invest India. If
collection is not done within the stipulated time period, at our complete discretion,
we will have the art work stored and the applicable storage and insurance costs
will be charged to the Buyer.
10. By placing an order, you agree to abide by all the provisions prescribed in
these terms and conditions as well as to pay Art Invest India not only the cost
of the art work but all the additional costs as applicable (i.e. taxes, duties,
shipping and handling expenses, storage and insurance costs, etc.)
11. You are responsible for ensuring that all information submitted by you to Art
Invest India is true and accurate (this includes without limitation, your credit
card number and expiry date). Any change must be intimated to us immediately and
additional information, clarification or verification may be sought as required
subsequently. Art Invest India is entitled to act on the basis of the information
received from you as we deem fit for granting registration. Should we view any information
provided as inaccurate, we may suspend or cancel such registration, restoring it
only when you furnish the requisite information to our satisfaction.
12. Sellers of art works stocked with Art Invest India authorise us to exercise
complete discretion (i) in the illustration and description of art works for viewing
and sale (ii) in the acceptance or rejection of orders that we receive.
13. An authenticity guarantee from the seller supports every art work featured on
the Art Invest India website. A specific authenticity guarantee for every art work
that is sold is issued by us based on this.
14. It is not obligatory for Art Invest India to physically preview an art work
either before or after the sale. Nor are we liable for the condition of the artwork
in any way. Based on information from the seller, condition reports are offered
on request. Should there be a considerable difference in the physical appearance
of an art work vis-à-vis its depiction on the website, we will send you an email
intimating you of the difference and requesting a decision before proceeding with
your order. Only on receipt of your decision will we act further in the matter.
15. Art Invest India will make all foreign currency exchange rates for the purchase
on the existing market value at the time of purchase. For ease of reference, we
have 'rounded off' prices that may not reflect the exact exchange rate that will
be used for calculation whilst invoicing.
The terms and conditions mentioned above are applicable to the sale of fixed-price
art works on the Art Invest India website only.
which together with these terms and conditions, govern use of the Art Invest India